Code of Conduct for children
As a member of our club, we understand you have the right to:
- Enjoy the time you spend with us and know that you are safe.
- Be told who you can talk to if something’s not right.
- Be listened to.
- Be involved and contribute towards decisions within the club or activity.
- Be respected by us and other team members and be treated fairly.
- Feel welcomed, valued and not judged based on your race, gender, sexuality, faith or ability.
- Be encouraged and develop your swimming, para-swimming, diving, high diving, artistic swimming, water polo and open water swimming skills with our help and support.
- Be looked after if there’s an accident or injury and have your parents/guardians informed, where appropriate.
As a member of our club or activity we expect you to:
- Keep yourself safe by listening to your coach or teacher, behave responsibly and speak out when something isn’t right.
- Take care of our equipment and premises as if they were your own.
- Make it to training and competitions on time and if you’re running late, let a member of the club know.
- Make your coach or teacher aware if you have any difficulties attending training or competitions.
- Not wander off, or leave training or a competition without telling your coach, teacher or team manager.
- Bring the right kit to training and competitions.
- Follow the rules of the club, squad or activity at all times.
- Respect the privacy of others especially in the changing rooms.
- Make our club and activity a fun, happy, friendly and welcoming place to be.
- Respect and celebrate difference in our club or activity and not discriminate against anyone else on the grounds of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, faith or ability.
- Understand that the use of abusive or inappropriate language, bullying, physical violence or any other behaviour which hurts others will not be tolerated by the club.
- Not use any device to take photographs or footage of others in the changing rooms or cubicles.
- Report any concerns you have about others taking photographs or footage of others in the changing rooms or poolside.
- Understand that poor behaviour may result in the club taking disciplinary action against you. Any behaviour which may be a criminal offence will be reported to police by the club.
- Report any incidents of bullying or unkind behaviour to the club, even if you’re just a witness.
- Treat other children with respect and appreciate that everyone has a different level of skill or talent.
- Support and encourage your teammates, tell them when they’ve done well and be there for them when they are struggling.
- Respect the children and adults competing for other teams at competitions.
- Respect the committee members, coaching and teaching team and all volunteer helpers at the club.
- Get involved in club decisions, it’s your sport too.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action being taken against you by the club committee.
Signature of the child
Signature of parent/guardian